Cored potatoes

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

bigal

Smoking Fanatic
Original poster
OTBS Member
Sep 21, 2006
Western Kansas
Haven't seen this here, that I remember anyway. Just thought about it this morn as I'm smoke'n a brisket.

Take a potatoe and core it(like an apple) in the middle WIDTH ways, not length. (could do it length, i haven't tried that)

After you core it, save that core and cut the core in about 1/3's, you will use each end as a plug.

Put one plug in and put a little olive oil in the other side(the hole), sprinkle a little kosher salt in.

Now take a clove of garlic(skin'd and nice) that would fit in there and shove it in there. Cap/plug the hole.

put your potatoe on a some alum foil, pour a little olive oil on the tater, add a little salt and some of your favorite rub. Wrap in foil and stick it in the smoker.

I like to take them off when they are kinda soft, not too soft, but you know.

Tastes really good. Smoked garlic would be awsome!

i havent seen these on the board either but we use to make them with butter and various spices on the grill... havent thought about doing them for years.

thanks for the reminder...

yours sound good with the EVOO in them

Thanks Big AL.......never heard of this but sounds like a great idea, and like Debi suggested the possibilties are endless.
PDT_Armataz_01_34.gif

every day that I come i here I see stuff like this and slap my forehead. What a great idea! I'm so glad I read this forum!

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.
Clicky