Cooker First Burn-In after a deep cleaning

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

texomakid

Master of the Pit
Original poster
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Aug 6, 2017
Lake Texoma
I've been busier than a one eyed Tomcat watching 2 mouse holes. For real, Lucile.
So after a long hiatus due to a work project I finally got a little time at home and damn if my Yoder wasn't just filthy and needing some much needed love (and deep cleaning) so in I went. These cookers get filthy after about a ton of pellets but I got the new upgraded igniter installed & after a deep scrape and clean out I replaced the door seal. BOOM! mic drop and ready for burn in.

After a good hour of high temp I backed the temp down to 240 and prepped the baby back ribs for the 1st burn in cook. Pellets were a 2/1 combo of Lumberjack Hickory/Cherry (Love this combo I mix myself) and a generous coat of Killer Hogs rub. Hourly (after the 1st our) I mopped them with Stubbs mopping' sauce (I love this stuff!) After about 4 hours I wrapped them in foil just because I was hungry and ready to finish them off ..... About 45 minutes after the foil wrap they're at 202˚ so I pulled them out of the Yoder and gave them about a 30 minute rest.

Amazing baby back ribs ....... enjoy the pics!

Fat boy's still got it :)
tempImageAEy7I5.png tempImageSZu6ic.png tempImagelALGMW.png tempImageu443Ot.png tempImagedk7JOo.png

Ohhhh I wouldnt eat those. Just wrap them up and leave them on the back porch and after work today I will drive to the wrong side of red river and get them for you. LoL

Welcome back! The ribs look real nice and tasty from a fresh smoker. But I like your wet stone! Is that a 2-sided water stone?

Thanks all - yep the wet stone is 2 sided. I believe it's a 400/1000 or something like that. Works well just soak it for a little while and start working your edge on the blue side - finish on the white side. I use it quite often.

Hey @jeff021, there's no "wrong side" of the Red River (unless you fishing on Texoma with one state fishing licenses and not a Lake Texoma fishing licenses) :emoji_laughing: ...... that can get kind of dicey.

Reactions: browneyesvictim
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky