Converting to propane?

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

sisco

Smoke Blower
Original poster
Nov 20, 2007
Western Ks
I have a CharGriller side box smoker grill and want to convert the side fire box to propane. Seems to me it would be easier to control temps and eliminate the need to keep a chimney full of coals ready to go to replenish the fire box.
I plan on using the regulator, hose and burner control valve from a gas grill I haven't used since discovering the joys of charcoal.
First challenge is to adapt the gas pipe attached to the burner to a propane hose & regulator. I'm also have to find a propane orifice for the burner as it has a natural gas orifice in it now.
Surely someone here has done this already!

I've got a used Afterburner I'll sell ya cheap. I haven't use it in months. Just kidding. I caught the propane bug a few months ago and bought one for my CG. After using it awhile I went back to charcoal. For convenience it's great, just set-it and forget-it, but I like playing with fire :)

Steve

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky