Congrats, 3 men and a butt!!

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

bbq bubba

Master of the Pit
Original poster
OTBS Member
Feb 12, 2007
new baltimore, mi
2nd place ribs?!?
Rookies my arse, you guys looked pretty good!
These guys went up against the best teams in Michigan and took 2nd place in ribs!!
biggrin.gif

It was great to finally meet ya'll, wish we could have chatted more!
Also, nice job on being the official party animals for the weekend.....
cool.gif

Congrats Three men and a Butt sounds like ya'll scored big time waiting for the exciting story
PDT_Armataz_01_37.gif
PDT_Armataz_01_37.gif
PDT_Armataz_01_37.gif

Good Job Boy's. Wish I could of been there, wanted to and was planning on it for a month but work came in friday. It was a real slow month for me and I just had to do it. Damn it.

Congrats guys!!.......Sounds like a grand time was had by all.......specially those "partay animals" in the pics.....LOL

I'd keep a close eye on that guy in the shades.....
PDT_Armataz_01_28.gif

Good job.....
PDT_Armataz_01_37.gif

L8r,
Eric

Isn't it fun to go out and do your best in a comp and then take a walk?? Great feeling....good job guys!!!! Many more we hope!

Thank ya Bubba... twas fun... and enlighting...man this comp stuff is TOUGH! Got lots of help from many there. But the nephew got the ribbon...man is he GEEKED!

Congrads to all three of ya. Thats awesome. I wish I could have made it just meet some you's.
Andy

Yea Rich, that lil guy is a trooper, and for 5 yrs old, he was a good kid, stayed out of trouble, and kept himself entertained pretty good. I figured he woulda been way to bored and a handfull, but he was awesome.I know Uncle Richtee has to be pretty proud of him too.

As far as the recipe, I know it was Rich's rub, and his special "cut" of spares. The seasoning was done by pre-smoking in Marks SnP, then finishing in my Lang 60. The sauce was a cumulative effort of all three of us, and the help of fighting Illini, and a couple folks who where taste testing at our camp. Then the final decision was made in secret conference in the trailer, by all of us. Hehehe, is was a true group effort!

I think Rich will get a pic of the turn-in box from Mark, as soon as the the brother relationship mends!
eek.gif

GO WINGS!!!

Hey you guys....Congrats on the ribbon in the comp today. Wish I could have been there for the real Q-View.
biggrin.gif
You should all be proud of the job you did.
PDT_Armataz_01_37.gif
PDT_Armataz_01_37.gif
PDT_Armataz_01_37.gif
I don't imagine there was any adult beverages being consumed Huh? Party Animals?

Great Job!!

Steve

Nope, I don't see any alchoholic beverages, just some rubs and seasonings.

Mark, This is what your mats used to look like!
icon_smile.gif

Here is a guy who was a huge help. He was a hard core Q fan, and he absolutely loves Hockey. We hit it off pretty good.

Thats Dr Chucky, admiring my friend crewdawgs hat! Thanks for the help Crewdawg.

And here is a one man operation who had his stuff together, was very helpfull and outgoing. Thanks Ford, very nice to meet you.

sorry I didn't get any pics of the award ceramony, I left the camera in the truck!

Again guys, great meeting ya, and hope to see everyone at "The Taste". First comp and an excellent job on "the walk" for your ribs!!!
PDT_Armataz_01_37.gif

That's what's so cool about comps. It may be a little work but MAN you have a great time and meat great people!!

Sweet job on the ribs boys!!!
PDT_Armataz_01_37.gif

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky