Columbus day smoke

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

smokin lou

Fire Starter
Original poster
Jun 28, 2007
Chesapeake, VA
Well since I am Italian, I figured I would do a smoke today to honor Christopher Columbus.
wink.gif
wink.gif
wink.gif

Actually, that is just an excuse to fire the smoker up. Plan a few ABT's and Dutches baked beans. Butt went on at 5:30 am. Will try to get some Q-view up later.

Yeah, kinda funny, born and raised in New York, now smokin in the south. I even invented my own "Lou's Italian style Carolina Barbeque sauce".

I would be interested in that, me bein' a Carolina style fan. You must be kinda like me in the regard of sauces. All that dayumm sugar folks use...SHEESH! Heh.

So, if you'll not have to kill me if I know the recipe, mind sharing?

Well, it has a little sugar in it, but the vinegar offsets it.

Lou's Italian style Carolina BBQ Sauce

1 1/2 cups apple cider vinegar
1 cup catsup
1/4 cup texas pete hot sauce
1/2 cup bullseye barbeque sauce
1/2 cup light brown sugar -- firmly packed
1/4 cup worcestershire sauce
2 tablespoons butter
1 1/2 teaspoons onion powder
1 1/2 teaspoons garlic powder
1 1/2 teaspoons ground cumin
1 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper
And if you like it really hot, add a few tablespoons of this:

http://www.hotsauce.com/***_Blaster_...com_p/1346.htm

Stir togeter all ingredients in a small saucepan. Bring to a boil, reduce heat and simmer about 5 minutes. Chill

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Clicky