• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.

Collard Green and Oyster Stew

squirrel

Master of the Pit
OTBS Member
Joined May 7, 2010
As Diesel posted about the first oysters yesterday I want to second that motion! I'm not that far from the coast and a friend brought me some fresh oysters so I made collard green and oyster stew. I scrubbed them and put the on the grill to open them up then proceeded to make this stew:

It has itty bitty Italian sausage balls, great northern beans cooked in chicken stock and ham hocks, potatoes with fresh dill and parsley, fresh collard greens, onions and garlic cooked down and reduced with white wine and fresh cream. Here's the kicker: I don't eat oysters, but I love making this for my friends! The last two pics show one that I eat with no oysters and the last one is THE MONEY SHOT for all you oyster lovers!

Last edited:

squirrel

Master of the Pit
OTBS Member
Joined May 7, 2010
Thank you sir! It is soooo good and hearty. Lots of layers of flavor. When I eat it I just moan alot

meateater

Legendary Pitmaster
SMF Premier Member
Joined Oct 17, 2009
This one goes in the recipe book, I'd eat that whole potfull. Just can't get enough of seafood.

Last edited:

rdknb

Master of the Pit
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Joined Jan 23, 2010
OMG I love that!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

dale5351

Smoking Fanatic
Joined Jun 20, 2010
You and my wife have something in common -- don't like oysters.  I like them, but don't have them often.  We both like collard greens though.  Have them whenever we cook something Cajun and also in a Hoppin John soup for New Years Day.

mballi3011

Epic Pitmaster
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Joined Mar 12, 2009

Now I really wanted to post to this thread cheryl but I couldn't have it would have been my 10,000 so I had to work on my thread. As always your food looks amasing and I wish I could have a bowl or two or three. Now it does sounds really yummO too.

Latest posts

Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected

We noticed that you're using an ad-blocker, which could block some critical website features. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.