cold smoking???

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Cold smoking it putting smoke on meat or cheese.  The temps are normally held below 100 degrees.  You are not cooking the food just flavoring it

When cold smoking meat it needs to be cured to allow prolonged smoke times.  Cheese is stable enough that it can be cold smoked right out of the package.   Something as simple as a cardboard box and a smoke generator is fine for cold smoking small quantities.

Alblancher, did you say simple???
ROTF.gif

53a3e301_2012-01-1509.02.24.jpg

Looks to be some major engineering projects there...folks laugh when i tell them "I could smoke your cheese in a cardboard box", but Scott, That is one of the nicest UPS smokers to date, and a bit larger than my USPS Flat Rate unit.

Can anybody advise me about using fluorescent bulb recycling drum for cold smoking. I got one brand new and its look like a perfect setup instead of a cardboard.

We only have two in our house.

For small cold smokes like cheese, BBB or Canadian Bacon?

We just use the AMNS in the Weber 22.5 kettle.

Works fine.

Good luck and good smoking.

yep yep it was for free. I was even thinking to mount it on top of MES40 and cold smoke something while I hot smoking another stuff.
You could do this but tape a plastic bag over the Controler...It don't need smoked! ...or...Put a 90* Elbow and run a Stack over to your tube...JJ

There was a picture on this forum. Someone put another box on top of original smoker. Its kinda rises around half a feet and connected with a pipe. I wonder if it affects air circulation in MES.

Real simple.

2005a55f_2029593551LL.jpg
That is awesome! My co-workers bout fell down when I told them I smoked meat in there!

6f958ddf_image.jpg

Mine is a bit shorter but bigger in diameter. As funny as it sounds........
This will surely work!

yep yep it was for free. I was even thinking to mount it on top of MES40 and cold smoke something while I hot smoking another stuff.
Might want to watch how much heat you allow up there if you're cold smoking it...

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky