Cold Smoked Butter, Hard Boiled Eggs and Onions!

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

fwismoker

Master of the Pit
Original poster
Dec 31, 2012
North East Indiana

Great TBS! 

Fuel for the cold smoke...lump, hickory and apple chips.  Using the Smoke Daddy

Butter before the smoke

Everything turned out wonderful!   I did a 2 1/2 hour smoke for everything.  The eggs i eat the next day, some will be deviled, the butter smells incredible and will be wrapped back up for cooking later.  The onions, well i'm not sure if they take on cold smoke but they are used for cooking all the time so i'll let  you  know!

Last edited:
One word of advice to smoking butter is if it isn't cool out (for me it was about 55 degrees and it was great ...the butter will start getting pretty soft on you otherwise.    If it's warmer then try a container of ice in with it. 

Smoked butter is the BOMB!

If you are smoking butter:

Do you:
1). Age it in a refrigerator for a few weeks?
2). Use it as a spread on toast etc or only cooking?

So cold lately, I gotta try it

Nice job Keith, never thought of smoked butter but may just have to give it a whirl.. Butter itself is good, so smoked it's gotta be just that much better.... Justin

Just thinking out loud here but ya ever do a whole garlic in the smoker before ?? If so, how did it turn out ? Just curious... Justin

I have looked but seem to be unable to find an answer.

I would like to add a cold smoke generator to my brinkman cabinet.  When I open the door, I lose a lot of smoke.  And I am opening the door to add more chips.  I was thinking that if add a smoke generator to the cabinet, then I do not need to open the door to add the chips.

So, does anyone add a smoke generator to the regular smoking of a roast, brisket or such?

Am I just making this too difficult? And how much smoke is too much?  It always tastes too good.  (There is never any leftovers.  5 people - 8 pound roast. One was only 5yrs )

My cooking and smoking turn out really good, just trying to make it better.  Several that I have done, there is not enough leftover to make sandwiches for lunch the next day.

Trying not to make it too confusing, but I hope some one can help me out.

Thanks

Oops, Wrong thread.  How do I move it??

If you are smoking butter:

Do you:
1). Age it in a refrigerator for a few weeks?
2). Use it as a spread on toast etc or only cooking?

So cold lately, I gotta try it
I have smoked a fair amount of butter  in the past few months with the following comments:

* Using the Qmat, I've cold smoked butter with the chamber temp in the 70's.

* I freeze my butter 3-4 days after it has sat in the refrigerator.  I have about 3 # worth in the freezer as I speak.

*I use smoked butter on everything I have used regular butter on, except French toast.

*I typically use my Masterbuilt propane smoker with the propane turned off, using only a AMNPS sitting on the smoker's burner.

*I use Apple pellets.

Well that's great information, however makes me think....what is different about French Toast ! Big pancake aficionado myself and I don't think its a match there either.:biggrin:

I told my wife about smoked butter and like so many comment from the other half ..." what, I don't think so"

Started to warm up a bit this weekend . First time over 20 degrees in about 12 days so, during the week when it drops again, I'm goin for it

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky