Cobbler - from the Iowa Gatherin!

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

travcoman45

Master of the Pit
Original poster
OTBS Member
Jan 19, 2008
A Holler in North Iowa
Cobbler

Take a 12 inch dutch oven and line with aluminum foil
Put 3 cans of yer favorite pie filling (Apple, Peach, Blueberry) in the bottom of the oven
Cover over with 1 box of cheap yellow er white cake mix.
Put 8 charcoal briquettes under the oven an 11 on the lid, this will bake the cobbler at bout 350*. Bake till the top a the cake is browned. An easy delicous dessert!

Dry cake mix or mix it with all the wet ingredients and then add it???

Mix up the cake mix accodin ta the directions on the box, then pour on top a yer favorite fruit pie fillin, easy an oh so good!

Thats what I assumed but we all know where assumptions get us
biggrin.gif

Tip, you are now my dots hero, we loved it. this is the reason i'm going to buy a dutch oven

Cobbler

Take a 12 inch dutch oven and line with aluminum foil
Put 3 cans of yer favorite pie filling (Apple, Peach, Blueberry) in the bottom of the oven
Cover over with 1 box of cheap yellow er white cake mix.
Put 8 charcoal briquettes under the oven an 11 on the lid, this will bake the cobbler at bout 350*. Bake till the top a the cake is browned. An easy delicous dessert!
Awesome recipe

Dry cake mix or mix it with all the wet ingredients and then add it???

It can also be done dry and not mixed with the wet ingredients. Do scatter about a stick of butter in pats on the top or melt and pour on top.

I usually do one large can of cherry pie filling and one can of crushed or tidbit pineapple stirred together.

Last edited:
Reactions: smokin peachey
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky