• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.

Cobb salad

jcam222

Smoking Guru
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Joined Jun 13, 2017
I’ll throw this in the griddle section since I used the Blackstone for the bacon and chicken. Salad usually does not do much for me as a main course lol. I do however love a good Cobb salad and have been craving one for awhile. This one is a blend of butter lettuce and arugula, southwest seasoned chicken breast strips, garden fresh heirloom tomatoes, red onion , avocado , eggs and finally a blue cheese dressing with an awesome piece of Wildfire bleu cheese. The dressing was Sam’s Club awesome blue cheese dressed up with the Wildfire chunk. Wildfire is a buttery blue cheese with bits of chili pepper in it. My wife and I both love it. This hit the spot for both me and my wife.
D90B0789-3D46-4DC4-BBF6-EE5C33CC8FE4.jpeg
689E4175-FA8C-42EC-BE07-67D73A9DA50D.jpeg

Steve H

Smoking Guru
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Joined Feb 18, 2018
Simply amazing Jeff! I love a good cobb salad. And this is a work of art. Funny thing, when I was a kid I hated avocados. Just recently I ordered a nacho plate. And made it clear that I didn't want guacamole. Well. Guess what? It came with a pile of it on it.
So I tried it. And I loved it! I bet that really compliments the salad.

jcam222

Smoking Guru
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Joined Jun 13, 2017
Simply amazing Jeff! I love a good cobb salad. And this is a work of art. Funny thing, when I was a kid I hated avocados. Just recently I ordered a nacho plate. And made it clear that I didn't want guacamole. Well. Guess what? It came with a pile of it on it.
So I tried it. And I loved it! I bet that really compliments the salad.
Thanks Steve. My wife and I both love avocado and subsequently guacamole. I used to think I didn’t either until I tried it. Love it now. Great on chicken salad, tuna salad and chicken sandwiches too.

Winterrider

Master of the Pit
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Joined Sep 29, 2018
Artwork right there. Looks delicious !

chef jimmyj

Epic Pitmaster
Staff member
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Group Lead
Joined May 12, 2011
Looks beautiful! Have not had a Cobb Salad since my teaching days. They are tasty for Rabbit Food.😆...JJ

pushok2018

Master of the Pit
SMF Premier Member
Joined Oct 12, 2017
Jeff, the Cobb looks fantastic! Absolutely amazing! Nice presentation.

xray

Master of the Pit
OTBS Member
Joined Mar 11, 2015
Amazing! I love a good fresh cobb salad and yours certainly does not disappoint!

That bleu cheese with chili flakes sounds amazing, I’ll have to look out for that.

HalfSmoked

Epic Pitmaster
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Group Lead
Joined Jun 11, 2015
Awesome looking plating job and a great looking salad nicely done all around.

Warren

Bearcarver

SMF Hall of Fame Pitmaster
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Group Lead
Joined Sep 12, 2009
Beautiful Art-Work, Jeff !!
Maybe a real Good Heavy Coat of Lacquer, and you could hang that on the wall.
Nice Job!
Like.

Bear

mike243

Master of the Pit
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Joined Feb 25, 2018
Looks great, not sure how they came up with that name as never seen cobb in it lol

jcam222

Smoking Guru
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Joined Jun 13, 2017
Looks great, not sure how they came up with that name as never seen cobb in it lol
Thanks! Once you asked I had to Google it. It is named after the restaurant's owner, Robert Howard Cobb. ... Another version of the creation is that Robert Kreis, executive chef at the restaurant, created the salad in 1929 (the year the Brown Derby's Hollywood location opened) and named it in honor of Robert Cobb.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected

We noticed that you're using an ad-blocker, which could block some critical website features. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.