Close call ( peanut allergy)

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
The grand daughter had a peanut allergy for 10-11 years but out grew it, yep eppie pin went every where with us and took forever grocery shopping cking all the labels, I know folks thought we were crazy reading all the labels, its amazing the foods that can come in contact with peanuts but not have any in them, glad to hear Knox is going to be fine, we were surprised that grand daughter had out grown it so there is hope that Knox might also .

The grand daughter had a peanut allergy for 10-11 years but out grew it, yep eppie pin went every where with us and took forever grocery shopping cking all the labels, I know folks thought we were crazy reading all the labels, its amazing the foods that can come in contact with peanuts but not have any in them, glad to hear Knox is going to be fine, we were surprised that grand daughter had out grown it so there is hope that Knox might also .
Thanks Mike! Yes there's allways hope of outgrowing it.

Wow, that's scary. So glad you were so prepared and everything turned out ok for everyone! Knox is my hero... he's still young enough and cute enough to be able to pick his plate up and lick it off without getting the look.

Ryan

Yikes! My daughter (27yo) is also peanut allergic. Have had many a scary events with her. Of Course she says that if she ever gets the death penalty her last meal will be everything she has never been able to eat. Starting with a Reeses peanut butter cup. LOL.
Jim

Wow, that's scary. So glad you were so prepared and everything turned out ok for everyone! Knox is my hero... he's still young enough and cute enough to be able to pick his plate up and lick it off without getting the look.

Ryan
Thanks Ryan , yea I'm kind of jealous of that. There are times when I make thoses big burgers I could sure lick my plate lol!
Yikes! My daughter (27yo) is also peanut allergic. Have had many a scary events with her. Of Course she says that if she ever gets the death penalty her last meal will be everything she has never been able to eat. Starting with a Reeses peanut butter cup. LOL.
Jim
lol! I cant say that I blame her! Id probably do the same!

Reactions: JLeonard
Glad he's ok Travis. My niece had the death peanut allergy. Once she got into her teens her doctor started giving her micro doses of peanuts over the course of a couple years. She's 19 and no longer allergic to nuts. Might be something to talk to your doctor about in the future as knox gets older
My Noni did that with poison oak when we were little kids since then I can wipe my butt with it and not catch it. Thanks Noni.

Wow glad it worked out and he is ok. If you notice on the PA gathering we post no nut foods for that reason PC Farmers son has an allergy to nuts as well as eggs.

Warren

Wow glad it worked out and he is ok. If you notice on the PA gathering we post no nut foods for that reason PC Farmers son has an allergy to nuts as well as eggs.

Warren
Thanks Warren , yea its definitely not something to take lightly.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky