Class is in session 2...

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

mr mac

Master of the Pit
Original poster
SMF Premier Member
Oct 19, 2009
Doniphan MO
Here it is, Tuesday morning and I have yet another fine young man wanting to learn the secrets of the thin blue smoke and what it can do to God's creatures if applied in a judicious manner! Jacob and I headed out to the Royal Oak and fired her up to hit 220* for the three little pigs. I bought these on sale at the Winco for $.79/pound, a deal too good to pass up! The following is Jake's doing with my supervision.

He started the process with some French's Spicy Brown Mustard (again, I like the subtle horseradish flavor it adds) and my usual dry rub mix.

Rubbed and ready for the smoker.

Little wisps of thin blue smoke...a wonderful sight to behold.

A couple of hours of a hickory/mesquite blend (yeah, the bottom of two bags) and into foil with apple cider.

Two more hours of hovering in the smoker we hit 195* and he pulls them out, wraps them in towels and then tosses into a cooler with a blanket (so now we technically have pigs in a blanket [his joke]) for an hour or so.

Jake was amazed at the fact we had steam rising off these little gems after an hour!

The three little pigs now pulled.

My personal favorite is the mango/thyme sauce! Yummm!

My plate with the sauce and a wee bit more of the spicy brown mustard, Bush's baked beans and some good old Kraft mac & cheese. A meal fit for a king and an associate pastor!

The meat was nice and tender and you can see the juices. The taste was a combination of the subtle smoke and rub flavors combined! Another smoker in the making! Well done Jake, well done!

Mac

Looks Good, Hafta start calling you "Professor Q"...
PDT_Armataz_01_37.gif

Thanks! Again, it is truly my pleasure to teach and enjoy the fruits of their labors!
PDT_Armataz_01_34.gif

It looks like litle Johnny paid attention in class today for sure. It all look great and a fabulous job you did too.
PDT_Armataz_01_37.gif

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.
Clicky