Citrus trees--Orange -grapetfruit

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

easyrub

Original poster
Sep 18, 2007
Does any one use these much for smoking--and if so what flavor do they impart?
chuck

All citris is supposed to be good. I haven't tried it personnally (they don't grow well in Connecticut) but they are supposed to be really good. I have dreamed about doing a chicken or turkey with Orange or lemon wood!

Orange - A tangy, citrus smoke. Medium smoke flavor with a hint of fruitiness. Orange gives food a golden color. Produces a nice mild smoky flavor. Excellent with beef, pork and poultry.

Grapefruit - Produces a nice mild smoky flavor. Excellent with beef, pork, fish and poultry.

Lemon - A tangy, citrus smoke. Medium smoke flavor with a hint of
fruitiness. Medium smoke flavor with a hint of fruitiness. Excellent with beef, pork and poultry.

Lime - Medium smoke flavor with a hint of fruitiness. Excellent with beef, pork and poultry.

http://www.deejayssmokepit.net/Downl...lavorChart.pdf

I have never used it myself before however with chicken or possibly fish I would guess that it would be awesome.

We burned some when I was growing up and did have a wonderful smell to it.

I have used peach before but did not care for it. Just wonder if the citrus would be too powerful.

Maybe use some but mixed with a different wood mixed with it too

WHOA!

I've been looking for that!

I ordered some ASAP! Man shipping from there is high!

I ordered Apricot Wood Chunks (I'm out until spring-fall trimmings), Nectarine Wood Chunks, Orange Wood Chunks and Lemon Wood Chunks WooHoo! I can't wait!

Debi's dancing around the room

Thanks Ron! BIG HUGS!!!

I have used grapefruit and several varity of orange tree woods. Very nice on poultry and fish. Not so much on beef. I would personally want a stronger wood for it.

You are very welcome Debi! Glad I could help you out for a change. Let me know how the woods work, I've always been interested in the nectarine and orange woods.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky