Cider Brine Recipe for Pork

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

chrome smoker

Original poster
Jan 2, 2011
Williamsburg, Iowa
[h3]Cider Brine Recipe for Pork[/h3]
This pork brine recipe makes enough for 3 to 4 pounds of pork chops, or country style ribs, or pork steaks, or pork loin...you get the idea!

INGREDIENTS

• 1 quart apple cider
  • 1/4 cup apple cider vinegar
  • 2 tablespoons sugar
  • 2 tablespoons kosher salt
  • 2 teaspoons fresh thyme
  • 2 teaspoon fresh basil
  • 1/2 teaspoon white pepper
Stir all ingredients together until sugar is completely dissolved. After marinating pork for 4 to 6 hours, remove and drain well.

The brined pork can now go to either the grill or the smoker.

If you're grilling, cook over medium-high direct heat for just long enough on each side to give the meat a bit of brown crust, then transfer to the cool part of the grill and cook with indirect heat until done.

Would you prefer your apple cider brine pork smoked? (I know I would!) Hickory, apple and cherry wood make for some great smoke flavor here. Keep your smoker at 225-250 degrees.

If it's thick pork chops or a nice pork loin you're doing, bring the internal temp just up to 155 degrees - a nice medium level of doneness  

Reactions: TulsaJeff and fpnmf
Found it online..... Haven't tried it myself but thought I'd share it   

Beating_A_Dead_Horse_by_livius.gif

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.
Clicky