Chucky Question

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

bigsteve

Master of the Pit
Original poster
Feb 15, 2009
South West Florida
Hey guys,
Tomorrow (Sunday) I'm going to smoke a Chucky for pulled beef sandwhiches. Never done a Chucky or smoked any Beef for that matter.

Couple of questions........

It's small, only 2.7 pounds. Because of that, is there anything I need to watch out for? Or any element that needs to be adjusted?

I'm having trouble locating a cooler in the disaster area known as my garage. Would wrapping it and putting it in towels be good enough? If not, how about wrapping it and putting it in the oven set for warm (about 170*??)

I was going to mop it using a baste made from beef broth, and a few spices. That's going to be rather thin though. What do you think?

When I wrap it (but leave it on the smoker) how much liquid should I put in the foil? Should I use the juices from the drip pan, my mop, or both? How tight do I foil it? Loose, or really tight?

Was going to serve the meat on Buns or Rolls, with Barbeque sauce and Aujus (Sp??) on the side. Anyone have a better idea?

I'll post some Q-view to this thread tomorrow.

Thanks in advance!

Steve.... as you can see I did two at one time. I sliced some of the first one so we could eat dinner before midnight and put the remainder in with the second chuckie. I've done a number of them since this one and even at 195 I've been able to slice them to a degree. They are fall apart tender and you could easily pull them if you wanted to. I think it's important to get that pan of juice goin under it and pour it back in when you foil even adding some beef broth if you need to. Especially if you are doing vegetables. Sometimes I like a really dry bark on my chuckee or butt to give my sandwich some crunch. It is all a matter of taste and you just have to try it different ways to find your favorite. In the words of the immortal Richoso.... it's all good my friend!

With only a 2 1/2 pounder, I'm sure you're going to throw in a fatty and maybe a pan of Dutch's baked beans.
biggrin.gif

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky