Chucky and Butt Weekend w/ qview

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

ganny76

Smoke Blower
Original poster
May 19, 2008
Sneads, Florida (Gods Country)
Well, the wife and I could not decide on whether to smoke a butt or a chucky again, so we decided to do both. Sorry I did not get a photo before they went on, it was 2:30 am and I was tired. Rubbed both in a mixture of brown sugar, paprika, onion powder, garlic powder and sage. Dont know the amounts, it was kind of like, hey, that looks good, lets add that. Nothing scientific.
Here they both are on the smoker. I got up about every hour and a half or so to add wood. Doing nicely, chucky at 155 and butt at 150.

They both hit 160 about the same time. Wrapped the butt in foil and back on. Put the chucky in a pan with some red potatoes, onions, carrots, and cabbage. Both back on until 210.

Here is a picture of the chucky plated. Could not get a finished pic of it in the pan because it was gone before I could get the camera out. It was fantastic. I pulled the butt after its 1:30 rest. Not much of it got ate. Too full from the chucky.

Here is the butt, pulled.

Hope you enjoyed my qview.

Nice Qview! I assume you kept the juice in pans?

Nice job! They look really good.
biggrin.gif

Thanks for sharing tQ View my friend. Seems like Chuck is all the rage, so I hope they go on sale real soon. Looks like you had a fun snoke, it's all good.

That looks great bet it tasted even better

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky