Chuckies...maybe a fail? Qview

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

shelton573

Meat Mopper
Original poster
Aug 8, 2014
SE Iowa
Well....I think I screwed up. I put the chuckles on and tried the hot and fast method at 275. I put them on at 2:55 and and at 6:40 they are at 203 and 210. I wrapped at 190 just to loosen them up a bit. Part of each roast is toothpick tender and other parts are still a bit tough. I think I'll take them to 215-220 to try to make them a bit tender. Here is the Qview I got so far.
Goin in the foil with butter and brown sugar. Will update with the results!

Shelton

Good luck ,hope they turn out! I may go chuckie this weekend if there's time.

Thanks guys! It turned out awesome especially for the first try. I accidentally didn't post the pic of the prettier one.

I think this one looked the best of the two! Next time I will try it lower temp when I have more time but I definitely know it's doable at higher temps when you're in a hurry. Maybe I got lucky. Thanks for lookin!

Shelton

I forgot to add, when I foiled, they hit 212 and 214 in no time and wouldn't get above that for 30 minutes even with the coals rolling close to 300. It was the only "stall" they hit.

Shelton

Looks great! Glad it worked out! I've had some chuckies that were like that and they eventually turned out great. They can be stubborn haha. If some parts feel like tough still, doesn't hurt to reheat them by braising them in either the foiling juices or some beef broth. I love to fry up the leftovers for some smoked cheesesteaks

Last edited:
No mistakes made IMO, Brother...those look awesome from here!  
drool.gif

Nicely done!

Red

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky