Chuck Tender Roast?

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

pignit

Master of the Pit
Original poster
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
I got a great deal on some chuck tender roast at the grocery yesterday and now I'm wonderin what to do with it. I've never seen it before. The butcher said it was a cut off of the eye and that's what it looks like. An end to an eye. Has a little more fat on it than the eye of round. It was marked from $4.29 to $1.99. I'm figuring I can use it for jerky if nothing else but I thought I'd drop a thread and see if anybody else has any experience with this cut. I've never use even the eye of round for anything but jerky.
Thanks ahead of time.

WHHOOOAAAA!!!!! STOP RIGHT WHERE YOU ARE!!!
mad.gif
The chuck tender is not a part of the eye of round! Who ever told you this cannot be trusted again.
PDT_Armataz_01_19.gif
Sorry! The chuck tender is cut off of the top of the beef chuck blade Roast. Most times it is removed from the chuck, Trimmed of most of its fat then sold whole as a roast. Some times its sold as a steak,but I would not recomend it for on the grill.
icon_frown.gif
Chucktender is best if roasted slow...or maybe smoked slow like a briskit. Just be sure to keep it moist. It comes out really good cooked in a roaster with some beef broth for 4 hours on 300*. As for jerky....I've heard people have used it for that; but I like my teeth...Hard and dry!
Be careful out there...choose your meat wisely,not cheaply!
tongue.gif

The chuck and the eye of round are found at opposite ends of a cow critter. The chuck is found in the front quarter and the round is found in the hind. Sounds like you need to find a more knowledgeable purveyor of meat!

I have.... that's what you guys are for.... and it was still a good deal even if I didn't know what it was. I knew I would find a use for it. Thanks for the information.

I try and do both. Live and learn. I will probably smoke it like I would a chuck. Thanks again.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky