Chuck Spencer Roast

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

jtribout

Meat Mopper
Original poster
May 31, 2008
Ohio
Had to break in the new big block today! tried something new on in the smoker. My wife had a Beef Chuck Spencer Roast in the house so why not!

I was really unsure after reading some of the post on how to do this puppy and I was never that fond of the Spencer Roast in the past when the wife cooked them in the oven. Tuff!!!!! So I tried this............

I used some Olive oil and put some steak salt on the meat

I seared the meat before I smoked it (Next time I won't) major debate over that and I don't think it's needed.

Smoked it for 3-hours or 140 degree's

Foiled the meat for 1-1 1/2 or 160 degree's (Medium)

Wrap in a towel for 2-hours

EAT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This was the best eats. My 10 year old can't stop eating and he is very tough to please. My wife can't believe it.

Don't be afraid to try something other than Ribs and Brisket!!!!
352bda82_vbattach18471.jpg

bb2dddf5_vbattach18468.jpg

a3838b1c_vbattach18469.jpg

e01fcbff_vbattach18470.jpg

ccb703ac_vbattach18467.jpg

Searing is some thing some people do and others don't. Some people swear by it and others swear at it.
biggrin.gif
Try it both ways and decide for yourself which you prefer

Way to go, getting that new smoker broken in with some beef! Looks like you did everything right, although I'm anxious to hear why you didn't think you'd sear again ... it's a personal preference but just being curious.
icon_smile.gif

Thanks for the qvue!!

Thanks Laurel,

That's the first time I've seared meat. I've gone through all the post and have seen that searing doe's not keep the juices in any better than not searing. The benefit of searing comes from the crust. I seared the meat thinking it would hold the juice better? I also think now that if you sear the meat it may keep the smoke from getting in the meat? That's for another post.......

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky