Chuck Roast

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
there's a thread round here, bout making po' boys outta the chuck.......with some great q-view.......

let me see if i can find it

d8de

Looks great chrish! Thanks for the Qview.
PDT_Armataz_01_34.gif

Hay goat, it was juicy and just right, folks loved it and the leftovers made some good sammies with some "sweet baby ray's bbq sauce" on it
wink.gif
that chit is just about the best you can get
PDT_Armataz_01_28.gif

so did you bag another deer?

are season's just started with Bow season this weekend maby last weekend, i dont bow hunt that much and didnt sign up for it this year.

i mainly muzzleloader hunt with my black powder rifle, you should start a new post on deer hunting so we can see these deer youve got.

thanks deb i like it just alittle more pink but it turned out great, but i was hoping that "smokingfam" would see this and that we might be able to help him out on some pointers on keeping a roast as is from the smoker for a few hrs untill it could be served at the table.

my thoughts would be to foil it with some juice in the oven at the lowest setting untill it's dinner time, you dont want to cook it anymore but to hold it at the same temp.

thanks to all that responded here and maby you could give some tips on keeping smoked foods hot for a later dinner time.

Yes Chrish, I did get another deer and another. There is already a thread going "my hunting season so far" and I had a post there. I have been boning out a deer/day and this week I will process it further into something.

As for keeping your smoked meat warm, wrap it in foil and keep it at about 150 to 200 while waiting on serve time. You can also take it off the smoker and place it in a cooler. I had a large catering job (500 peps) in Houston a couple of years in a row. I made a deal with a local bbq place to use his pits, but I had to have my meat off by 7am so that his man could start the day. I cooked my meat on Sunday which was the day he was closed. I took my meat (goat) off his pits wrapped in foil at 7ish, placed it in coolers to serve at 1ish. The meat was still so hot that insulated gloves were required when cutting. I hope this helps.

That looks awesome crish!
PDT_Armataz_01_37.gif

I love doing chucks, shoulders, you name it... any cut of beef roasts!

One final recipe for the SMF crowd:

Gracie Allen's Classic Recipe for Roast Beef

1 large Roast of Beef

1 small Roast of Beef

Take the two roasts and put them in the oven.

When the little one's burnt, the big one is done.

PDT_Armataz_01_34.gif
PDT_Armataz_01_34.gif
PDT_Armataz_01_34.gif
PDT_Armataz_01_34.gif

Hey, my first wife cooked like that... plus she used the smoke alarm as a timer... sure do miss that house...
PDT_Armataz_01_23.gif

dang it the one person i could help never showd back up to ask anything,
maby a waist of my time to help somebody:-) NOT, try as i may and ill do it again,..
goat we have to get a post going on deer hunting man, maby ill start one if its not already going.

This was definitely not a waste of time, I will be doing my first chuck roast soon and this is where I got all of the info from. So, thank you.

Thank's ALOT!!! I just drooled all over my keyboard. Looks great and I love Chuck, the center cut chuck to be precise, not the shoulder (English) cut chuck. Your's looked to be the center cut which correct me if im wrong but that comes after the Prime Rib?

the chuck roast comes from the neck and shoulder

beefchuckah0.gif

beefretailcutschartbandqi4.gif

Shot at 2007-10-20

I bought a whole boneless chuck at Sams Club today. I will cut roasts out of it and use the ends to mix with ground venison.

i do know when they say "boneles" chuck its from the neck, the shoulder only has a shoulder blade bone and it doesent run through the meat.
they cut out the neck bone, but a neck roast is still good nonthe less. just dont crock pot it
icon_biggrin.gif
smoke it till med rare and youll have a meal there.

I see what you mean there, meat is attached to the shoulder blade, i guess my thinking was more on the line of like a leg bone in a round steak.
but i havent seen a roast like that with the shoulder blade still attached. theres a meat locker up town here i should go and ask about one, and speaking of that i can get a 50lb box of pork belly (for making bacon) for $25 bucks so ill ask him when im up there.

the melcher meat locker walking dude, hies good on prices tho most of it is frozen, his son owns the new store beside it and they have some good cuts of meat.
ever have the bigfoot tenderloin from the restrant up on the square, cant think of the name of the place but they get those tenderloins from the meat locker here in melcher.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky