Chuck Roast

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

crewdawg52

Master of the Pit
Original poster
OTBS Member
Feb 7, 2007
Brighton, MI
Decided to do a chuck roast today. Never done one before so I fiqure to treat kinda like a brisket.

Pic one is of the set up. Just put the roast on. Will show another pic in 2 hrs at the flip. Exciting isn't it.....
PDT_Armataz_01_13.gif

Not using the BDS due to the small smoke (3.5 roast). Good view of the TBS. One chunk of hickory.

Chuck's are a favorite of mine. I will be doing one tomorrow. I have also had success taking them to a higher internal temp and pulling them for sammies. Either way, very good eats!
PDT_Armataz_01_34.gif

Dawg

I agree with WVSmokeMan, a higher temp (190-200) will allow you to pull very easily if that is your goal. I've made Dutch's Smoked Beef Enchiladas with pulled chuck roast. (The recipe can be found as a sticky in the beef forum)

JohnD49455

It depends where your pics are hosted. Check out this thread where several folks helped Walking Dude get his pic posts figured out. I hope it helps.

http://www.smokingmeatforums.com/for...ead.php?t=8030

Take care, have fun, and do good!

Regards,

Meowey

Look's good Geoff, treat it like a butt and pull, you will be very happy with the finished product!!
wink.gif

P.S. love seeing a kettle used as a smoker!

Two hrs into the smoke. Temp at 140* and just flipped. Now, to foil or not? Any suggestions?

That's just it. I always foil my butts and briskets. Thinking of trying this one with no foil. How will it turnout not being foiled?

Something that makes you go HHUUUUMMMMMM.....

Hit the platue (spelling ?). Foiled and went into the ice chest at 195*. in for teh last 45 min. Keep it there for another ....till I want to pull it! Promise to take Q-views!

Wonder what the deal is. Other posters commented on your picture. As you can see above in the Quote, the picture didn't make it through, for me????

Skip

Ok....chuck (believe me..taste, texture, and moisture alot better that pic shows) was in foil while I grilled a couple of steaks for the mrs and I. After eating, went to chest, unwrapped, and pulled. Taste a whole lot better than pic shows!!! Will Be doing chucks more! Cant wait for sammies tomorrow! And no...it is not all burnt! But the stuff that is....oh so beautimus! TJ's rub of course......

lol crew.. beautimus.... we know it's good. - man i love that term & the meat. thought i was to only 1 that used that saying.... bet that goes well sideways w/ a cold oink(one- my brother's slang)and slaw....

Chuck roast or arm roast just the same, from your pic i cook these all the time in my smoker, i pull them at 150 deg Med well and there fantistic, angis beef is more tender then the iowa beef but both have the same flavor and both are good.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky