Christmas German Beef Rouladen and Spätzle dinner

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

clifish

Master of the Pit
Original poster
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
May 25, 2019
Long Island, NY
Ok here is my Rouladen dinner, very similar to yours. pounding out the beef (rest of pics the captions are on the bottom of the pic.
pound-beef-jpeg.jpg

adding the pickles, onions and bacon
topped-jpeg.jpg

all rolled up
rolled-beef-jpeg.jpg

Browned off and in the pot with beef stock, more onions and bacon
finished-rouladin-jpeg.jpg

1.5 hours of simmering
spaetzel-dough-jpeg.jpg

Spätzle dough
spaetzel-cooked-with-gouda-jpeg.jpg

Spätzle after quick boil, then cooked in browned butter and topped with smoked gouda.
plated-jpeg.jpg

Plated with mashed potatoes, biscuits and red cabbage. A long cook but went over very well with all.

Hope everyone had a Merry Christmas (if that applies) and a Happy New Year!

I didn't even know what it was , but I'd gladly sit down to a plate like that! Looks very good!

Ryan

Reactions: clifish
Beautiful. Its been years since I've made Rouladen. My mentor and first Boss, was a Lady Chef from Stuttgart. Taught me many German dishes...JJ

Wow. Outstanding looking meal!! I love, love, love Rouladen and Spatzle. You just cannot beat that. Excellent job!!

Robert

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky