Christmas Eve Wings (scarbelly style) and Christmas Prime Rib (Thank's Bear!)

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

outdoorsman808

Original poster
Aug 6, 2013
Worthington, Ohio
Hey Guys,  haven't posted in a while.  Merry Christmas to all!  Just did some wings yesterday using the  [thread="119306"]Scarbelly Wings Buffalo Style​[/thread]   recipe ...turned out awesome!  Here's a picture!

Followed the recipe and Injected them with half Cajun butter half Franks wings sauce, then tossed in Franks and sprinkled with Tony C's.  I have a MES 30 and it was a cold day; I really had trouble getting my temp up.  Max temp smoker got up to was 250 and smoker was turned up to max temp.  Left wings for about 3 hours.  3 and a half for the bigger drumsticks.Was my first time doing wings and was happy to have this recipe to follow.   They were a big hit at the party.  Thanks Guys!

This was also my first time using my AMPNS and I am hooked!  I don't think i'll ever go back to chips for my Masterbuilt.  AMPNS is the one!

As we speak I am smoking a 7lb Bone in Prime Rib folliwing Bear's recipe.  [thread="110433"]Prime Rib New Best Ever​[/thread] .  Here's a pictues of the PR before seasoning.

I got it all seasoned yesterday and put it in the smoker at Noon today.  Smoking at 220 using hickory pellet's and my AMPNS (BEST CHRiSTMAS GIFT).  Temp has been pretty steady at 220.  Going to check the IT about 3 and a half hours after start, Here's another picture with the rub. 

Wish me luck guys!  I hope I do this beautiful slab of meat justice!

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky