Christmas Eve Turkey w/Q-View

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

mkf350

Original poster
Dec 3, 2007
Its 28 degrees her in MI, Decided to try the first turkey on the Smoke Vault. Here are some pics after 3hrs in smoker. It is an 11lb 8% brined that I injected 2 days ago with home made cajun butter and let set 1 day in frig uncovered. Hopefully it tastes as good as it looks. So far I've only smoked some venison jerky yesterday that is completely gone after a party last night, and some venison snack sticks 2 weeks ago that came out great. I love this smoker very controllable. I had a Brinkman upright electric that always ran too hot. This is the cats A--!

If you look close you can see SM inside pole barn.(Ignore mess. Have not completed my pre winter chores.:-)

I will be nice and just ask for both wings.
icon_mrgreen.gif

Well it turned out great. Smoked with water for 5 1/2 hrs at 250-275 w/hickory. It was very moist and very good smoked flavor, not too strong just the right amount.
icon_razz.gif
The cajun butter injection was just the right amount of kick also. Wasn;t any leftovers
icon_cry.gif
/ Just have to do another. Got 2 more birds in the freezer.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky