Christmas Eve Turkey w/Q-View

Discussion in 'Poultry' started by mkf350, Dec 24, 2007.

1. mkf350

mkf350 Newbie

Its 28 degrees her in MI, Decided to try the first turkey on the Smoke Vault. Here are some pics after 3hrs in smoker. It is an 11lb 8% brined that I injected 2 days ago with home made cajun butter and let set 1 day in frig uncovered. Hopefully it tastes as good as it looks. So far I've only smoked some venison jerky yesterday that is completely gone after a party last night, and some venison snack sticks 2 weeks ago that came out great. I love this smoker very controllable. I had a Brinkman upright electric that always ran too hot. This is the cats A--!

If you look close you can see SM inside pole barn.(Ignore mess. Have not completed my pre winter chores.:)

2. if that bird is good as it looks you done a good job , wiosh you could send me a peice.
    Bryan

3. ron50

ron50 Master of the Pit OTBS Member SMF Premier Member

NY
    Nice looking bird!

4. smokeys my pet

smokeys my pet Master of the Pit OTBS Member

Looks mighty tasty, keep us posted!!!!!!!!

5. msmith

msmith Master of the Pit OTBS Member

Very good looking bird.

6. cman95

cman95 Master of the Pit SMF Premier Member

I will be nice and just ask for both wings. [​IMG]

7. mkf350

mkf350 Newbie

Well it turned out great. Smoked with water for 5 1/2 hrs at 250-275 w/hickory. It was very moist and very good smoked flavor, not too strong just the right amount.[​IMG] The cajun butter injection was just the right amount of kick also. Wasn;t any leftovers[​IMG]/ Just have to do another. Got 2 more birds in the freezer.