Christmas Day Smoke 2013.....

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

smoke break

Fire Starter
Original poster
Jul 27, 2013
Ortonville Michigan
Well my job doesn't afford me every holiday off. This year me and my crew got pinched with having Christmas fall on a shift day for us.

I decided Im going to bring the smoker in and do a few slabs of ribs for the guys.

I know BBQ'd smokey goodness may not be very festive but oh well. Here's were I going ro employ the help from all of you....

Throw out some fun side dish ideas please!

Hey Smoke

1)Defininatly (doesn't look right--can't spell) Dutch's Wicked Beans!!!--there is a thread.   2)Then Clarissa's brussel sprouts. " For the brussel sprouts, start off by trimming, halving lengthwise, then slicing the sprouts crosswise into strips. I heated up the pork cracklings until they rendered off some fat, then sauteed the shredded brussel spouts in the fat for about 5 minutes (adding a little water part way through) until they were tender. Season with salt and pepper." MMM.   4 )"After peeling the spuds, I quartered them and cooked them in a pot of boiling water for about 35 minutes, until they were fork tender.  I then drained them and put them in the mixer.  I added one pack of Philly cream cheese, 2 sticks of butter, 3/4 cup of half and half, a few handfuls of shredded cheddar cheese, some crushed bacon, and the grease left over from the bacon.  Ran the mixer until it was all nice and creamy.  Then off to the fridge to cool down so it could be fried up tonight.  More on that later too. Now, on to round two of Flyboys cook  for the mashed potatoes which were nice and cool now.  I formed some patties, dipped in flour, then egg, then Italian bread crumbs.  I then dropped them into a pan full of canola oil, because I wanted to be healthy hahaha, and fried them up.  They came out crispy on the outside and creamy on the inside".  It doesn't get much better than this.  Hope this helps.

Gary

Last edited:
Man Gary, I had to stop reading your post cuz my mouth was watering so bad!!

Thanks they all sound awesome! Gonna have to do the sprouts for sure...one of my favorites!

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky