Chorizo & Egg Breakfast Fattie QVIEW

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

thunderdome

Master of the Pit
Original poster
Nov 19, 2009
Casa Grande, AZ
A co-worker gave me a good sized golden barrel cactus and his only request was a Fattie in exchange.

I asked what he wanted in it, and he just said “surprise me”. So I went with a chorizo, egg, potato, cheese, and ham. My dad let me use his Fattie Piston for it’s debut trial. Since I was goin to the trouble, I decided to make myself one as well. The following scenes took place between 5 pm – 8 pm last Saturday.

Smoker: UDS
Temps: 240-260
Fuel: Kingsford Competition w/ Apple Wood Chunks (70/30)
Time: 3 hours

Mrs. TD cooking up the Chorizo and hash browns

Used some store bought diced ham for this one

With the eggs mixed in

Here’s the fattie piston my Dad made (Craiger)

Flattened out the O.G. Bob Evans and put in the freezer for 20 mins to stiffen up a bit, then sliced the bag up the sides

Laid out some cheese, and used the piston full of the goods to lay on top. Worked like a charm

Rolled up a fatty

Bacon weave #1

Bacon Weave #2

Used Cowgirls diagonal overlay this time. Looked pretty cool

UDS Shot

Coming along

After about 3 hours on the Drum

Sliced up the next day

That is one great lookin fattie - congrats - Chorizo and eggs are two of my favorite ingredients in a fattie for sure
points.gif

Yes now thats one fine looking fattie you have there. There's just saomething about those fattie pistons, their just super round and too perfect for me.

Congrats on the Breakfast of Champions. Points to you my friend.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky