Chix Thighs W/QVIEW

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

ronp

Gone but not forgotten. RIP
Original poster
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Apr 27, 2008
I have done these before, but we have many newbies here daily that may not read old threads.

So, here is the start.

I dry cured them today at noon with Morton's Tender Quick, man I love that added flavor. At 6 I rinsed them and learned an easier way to to the rub. I loaded them on a cold rack with newspaper under it to catch the mess, then rubbed with pancake syrup, I ran out if Maple syrup, and lemon pepper and garlic powder. It was easy and just carried the rack outside and put in the smoker. Threw the newspaper away and that was it for clean up.

I'l be doing them at 250' with Hickory, chunks , and probably toss on the Weber to crisp up the skin.

I am smoking a 7 # butt also that I will post in the pork forum.

As always, thanks for watching.

Ron

Hey Ron!
I am gonna have to try that tender quick...
Thanks for time saving tip on rubbing too!!
I will be watching your chix...
PDT_Armataz_01_06.gif

Thighs searing.

They were great the skin tasted like bacon.

It is good, if you just want to try it on a fatty that will give you a clue whether you like it or not, that's how I first tried it, on my pancake stuffed one.

i always use maple syrup on my ribs....guess i got a sweet tooth eh?
biggrin.gif

**REAL MAPLE SYRUP** lol

I ran out of the real thing, this is the next best thing and cheap.

I'm guessing about 3 hours. I also did a sear at the end to crisp the skin.

Good luck with yours.

I got lucky I guess.
icon_smile.gif

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrispyB
My favorite chicken parts lookin good
wink.gif

Thanks.

Smart sometimes, lucky sometimes sometimes both.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Clicky