Chipotle

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

djb

Original poster
Sep 26, 2007
nr Windsor, ON
What is the best way to make a chipotle sauce? How long to smoke the peppers? Then what? Anything you can tell me would be helpful.

Thanks in advance.

Hi DJB, if you are talking about chipotles in adobo sauce, here is a good thread about it....http://www.smokingmeatforums.com/for...ead.php?t=7660

I use the same recipe BA Loko posted. It's easy and good.
smile.gif

Hello, I know there are many recipes for any given sauce, it's all in how you want it to taste. A classic chipotle adobo sauce will contain chipotle chiles ( your smoked red jalapenos ), tomato paste, onion, garlic, salt, water, lemon juice and any other spices you like. The use of vinegar is used in many commercial bottled versions, there again it's all in how you want it to taste. If you can't find the red jalapenos, just use the green, the taste will be the same, just a different color. If the smoked jalapenos don't have enough smoke flavor, use smoked sea salt or smoked salt, it will really give you the smokey flavor. This works even if you didn't smoke the jalapenos and just used fresh. Let us know what you pick as a winner, Good Luck!

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky