Chipotle Sweet Potatoes

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

peculiarmike

Master of the Pit
Original poster
OTBS Member
Jun 29, 2006
Peculiar, MO
If you are wanting to try something different, easy and good, try these -
PDT_Armataz_01_34.gif

Chipotle Sweet Potatoes

8 Servings

2 ½ lb. sweet potatoes, peeled & cubed
½ Cup half & half
3 Tablespoons butter, softened
2 Tablespoons freshly squeezed lime juice
2 chilies from a 7 oz. can of chipotle peppers in adobo sauce - chopped
½ Cup brown sugar
¾ teaspoon salt
¾ teaspoon cinnamon, divided

Preparation -

Place potatoes in a large pot and cover with water. Bring to a boil, reduce heat to medium-low and simmer 15 minutes, or until fork tender.
Drain potatoes and return to pot. Add half & half, butter, and lime juice, mash to desired consistency. Cook mixture 2 minutes over low heat, or until thoroughly heated.
Remove from heat and mix in chilies, brown sugar, salt and ½ teaspoon cinnamon.
Transfer to a serving dish and sprinkle with remaining ¼ teaspoon cinnamon.

Hot Dang, Mike. Really sounds good. Menu is already set so will have to twist some arms. If I am not successful, I will be doing it soon.

Thanks,

Skip

Thanks for the recipe Mike, I can tell by the contents that it is a tasty side dish. Warms my heart to know some folks are willing to try chile on something new. Keep up the good ideas, and Happy Thanksgiving!

Rich, this IS a good recipe, tasty. Not much adventure in new tastes here on SMF though.
I like a bit of heat, sometimes more than a bit.
PDT_Armataz_01_28.gif

Nice recipe Mike - thanks for sharing! If you really want a good sweet potatoe flavor don't boil them steam them or wrap them in a damp towel and nuke em for about 5 to 7 minutes then peel em. yummmmmm!

I am sure this will be great. The other smoked potato recipe was fantastic. Done smoked sweet potatoes also, in fact, will do some more tomorrow. One of my wifes favorites, thanks to you
PDT_Armataz_01_37.gif

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky