Chipotle Red Bell Pepper Chutney

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

jlloyd99

Meat Mopper
Original poster
OTBS Member
Feb 13, 2006
Chillicothe MO
I've been flipping through the old recipe notebook (a dangerouse habbit of mine) comming up with ideas for this weekends cookout and came across a recipe I just had to share with ya'll. It's a red bell pepper chutney and it goes great with all kinds of pork, especially pork tenderloin! I have also used this on chicken. I hope you enjoy.

Chipotle Red Bell Pepper Chutney

2 lbs. red bell peppers
2 c. cider vinegar
3/4 c. sugar
2 t. yellow mustard seed
2 t. salt
2 dried chipotle chiles, halved and seeded

Trim and finely chop the bell peppers. Place in a large heavy saucepan with remaining ingredients. Bring to a boil and reduce to a bubbling simmer, cook about 1 hour stirring occasionaly. As mixture boils down stir frequently during the last 10 min. of cooking to prevent scorching. Remove chiles and ladle relish into a sterilized jar. Cover tightly and refrigerate. Chutney is best when left to mellow for one week and will keep up to one month in the fridge. Makes 1.5-2 cups.

so does the small t. = teaspoons or tablespoons? I don't want to sound ignorant, but I'd rather be safe than sorry! I've seen so many different variations for the two measurements that sometimes I have to look twice to be sure i'm not overdoing it.

Dennis

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.
Clicky