Chipotle Red Bell Pepper Chutney

Discussion in 'Side Items' started by jlloyd99, Feb 16, 2006.

1. jlloyd99

jlloyd99 Meat Mopper OTBS Member

I've been flipping through the old recipe notebook (a dangerouse habbit of mine) comming up with ideas for this weekends cookout and came across a recipe I just had to share with ya'll. It's a red bell pepper chutney and it goes great with all kinds of pork, especially pork tenderloin! I have also used this on chicken. I hope you enjoy.

Chipotle Red Bell Pepper Chutney

2 lbs. red bell peppers
    2 c. cider vinegar
    3/4 c. sugar
    2 t. yellow mustard seed
    2 t. salt
    2 dried chipotle chiles, halved and seeded

Trim and finely chop the bell peppers. Place in a large heavy saucepan with remaining ingredients. Bring to a boil and reduce to a bubbling simmer, cook about 1 hour stirring occasionaly. As mixture boils down stir frequently during the last 10 min. of cooking to prevent scorching. Remove chiles and ladle relish into a sterilized jar. Cover tightly and refrigerate. Chutney is best when left to mellow for one week and will keep up to one month in the fridge. Makes 1.5-2 cups.

2. bwsmith_2000

bwsmith_2000 Master of the Pit OTBS Member

jlloyd99,
    Thanks for the recipe. Sounds good and I'll certainly give it a try.

3. smoking falcon

smoking falcon Fire Starter

so does the small t. = teaspoons or tablespoons? I don't want to sound ignorant, but I'd rather be safe than sorry! I've seen so many different variations for the two measurements that sometimes I have to look twice to be sure i'm not overdoing it.

Dennis

4. jlloyd99

jlloyd99 Meat Mopper OTBS Member

Yes your correct. The t.=teaspoon and T=tablespoon.