Chili Powder

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

billm75

Smoke Blower
Original poster
Jan 6, 2010
I wasn't sure where to post this, so if it's in the wrong place, please feel free to move it or delete if necessary.

I was just wondering where you guys purchased your chili powders?  I've bought chipotle powder from www.chipotlepowder.com but they don't offer a nice chili powder blend.  

For the longest time, I've just used whatever generic store brand powder was the cheapest, because I don't use much of it, but lately I've been making more chili than usual and I'm about tired of the salty tasting powders from the stores.  

I was just wondering if anyone had a source for pre-blended chili powder that they'd be willing to share.  I don't want a chili mix KIT, that takes all the fun out of making the chili my own, just some powder to use as a base would be nice.

Thanks!

Bill

I have been picking up mine from Sam's Club.  They carry the Tone's brand in the 1 pound container.  

You may check out www.webstaurantstore.com  They carry a 10 oz container for $2.99  and probably have a bulk container as well.  I've been checking out their site the last couple of nights and am getting ready to place an order for some gadgets and other stuff they carry too.  Prices seem pretty reasonable.

Last edited:
I can pick you some up at Smart and Final - I am going there for more Chipotle powder - send me a PM if you want to try it

I can pick you some up at Smart and Final - I am going there for more Chipotle powder - send me a PM if you want to try it
gary, they used to sell a smoked paprika that i liked. kinda pricey but good in rubs and bbq sauce.

Thanks guys, I managed to find Marshalls Creek Spices through Amazon.com and they have a nice mild chili powder for a great price.  

I'll keep your suggestions in mind though.  Never know when I might want to try a few new things.  ;)

icon_cool.gif

i get alot of my spices from Sam's, Restaurant depot, and then theres a Penzey's spice store not to far from us.

I've bought smoked chipoltle peppers in the  "mexican food" section of my local market. They come in the clear plastic bag that hangs with the other peppers etc.  Put them in the grinder and grind 'em up. No salt, filler, anti caking ingredients etc.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky