Chili on the drum

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

gorillagrilla

Smoking Fanatic
Original poster
Jan 12, 2008
San Fransisco bay area
Always wanted to try this. Doin a batch of chili in the dutch oven ( lid off ) IN the smoker. Will post complete recepie at th end 'cause I'm constantly tasting and adjusting but keepin track.

First roasted and skinned some parsilla pepers

Threw the d.o. down on the coals and added bacon fat , then the onions , then the meat to brown a bit.

Used remaining coals to start coal basket

A hungry drum awaits !

put one of dem veggie grilly things to support the d.o.

The cook is on ( after adding all the other ingredients , like I said ,recepie to follow cook cause of all the adjustments )

'bout an hour in , darkening up a bit. We shall see . Hope it turns out good.More will follow !

I can officially say that you have made the first batch of chili on a drum, ever!
Looks great!
Congrats!!
cool.gif

gorilla you are a true innovator!
"Innovators are successful, sophisticated, take-charge people with high self-esteem. Because they have such abundant resources, they exhibit all three primary motivations in varying degrees. They are change leaders and are the most receptive to new ideas and technologies."
PDT_Armataz_01_37.gif

looking good dude...........i keep telling moma, ( who makes chili good enuff to win comps, but won't give me the recipe to post here, just ask the ones who have asked)........to try smoking it........

one question tho.....why the need to the veggie thingy bobby......would't the do just sit str8 on the grate?

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky