chicken

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

7outof10

Meat Mopper
Original poster
SMF Premier Member
Oct 9, 2007
Mankato, MN
i am going to try smokeing a brisket this weed end and i want to do 2 chickends also i have done the the brisket before and truend out pretty good but i have never done chicken im shre e there is a good respese on here but i cant find it should i brine it .......well i have never hurd of sometime when you should not brine a bird ha ha any info will help and some cook times will help to im going to use roster fryers
PDT_Armataz_01_36.gif

Yo 7/10, yo seem to be drinking plenty. If its leading to good times then that s what its all about. To many people out there that can't get a grip on real life. Keep the smokes low and slow and beers very cold.

Brining the birds will always give you moist tasting chicken. You don't need low & slow for birds, unless you want rubbery skin. Higher temps will help crisp it up. I go 450 for 1 hr. then drop it to 350 for about another 1 1/2 hrs. You call... it's all good!

so if i understand what your say i might me better off grilling the birds i am going to have the beef in the smoker so i cant reallly go changeing the tep in there

That's the way to go if you're cooking both at the same time. Or you can smoke the birds, and then drop the temp for the brisket. Your call... it's all good my friend. Let us know how it came out, and don't forget the Q View.

I inject then, brine mine, then rinse, sprinkle with rub and inta the smoker at 250* - 275*. I spritz each hour.

Here is the recipes I use:

Slaughterhouse Poultry Brine
1 1/2 Gal Water
1/2 C Salt
1/2 C Dark Brown Sugar
2 tsp Garlic Powder
2 tsp Onion Powder
2 tsp Cajun Spice
2 tsp Celety Salt

Slaughterhouse Poultry Injection
1/2 Pkg Good Seasons Italian Dressin
2 tsp Garlic Powder
2 tsp Celery Seed
2 TBS melted Butter
2 C Apple Cider

Slaughterhouse Spritz
8 oz Apple Cider
6 oz Water
4 oz Whiskey
2 oz Cider Vinegar

This spritz will give you a nice sheen to yer bird. It will also hep ya ta crisp up the skin, not fried crisp, but nice none the less. You can also pullem early and put in a 350* oven ta hep with the skin.

Good luck.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky