Chicken Rolls

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

payson

Meat Mopper
Original poster
Nov 17, 2006
Columbia SC
Smoked these last night. Can't go wrong with an abundance of bacon! The thing on the second rack is a smoked (or soon to be smoked) stuffed cabbage. Filled it with butter, ham, french onion soup mix and a bit of mustard oil. Delicious!
f4e94c5d_vbattach16573.jpg

c0fa3f9c_vbattach16572.jpg

04919679_vbattach16571.jpg

Oh man!! I never thought about doing a cabbage in the smoker. Guess what's next on my list? Great looking smoke! Keith

I'm not a huge fan otherwise. On the smoker is a different story though. I use a melon-baller and core it out pretty well and then stuff it with whatever sounds good. A good starting point is stuffing it with butter, mustard and bacon bits. Then, to really make it tasty lay strips of bacon across the top of it. Maybe 5 or 6 strips. The outermost leaves will be limp and rubbery but the interior is soft and chock full of flavor. They take awhile if you like them soft, 4 hours or so.

This is a chiken breast pounded really thin and then layered with ham and provolone and rolled up jelly roll style. The bacon gets toothpicked on to hold everything together.

Great Smoke!
I would love to give some points. But for some reason I keep getting a message that I have given to many
frown.gif

Anyway keep up the great work and keep the q-view coming.

I don't know anything about giving points, but I can certainly give you your props. Great looking Q. May just have to try that this weekend with the chicken breasts I'm smoking.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky