chicken resturant

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

smokincowboy

Smoking Fanatic
Original poster
OTBS Member
Jan 29, 2007
between Columbus/Dayton Ohio
A few years ago there were Kenny Rogers Roasters wood cooked chicken resturants man I loved that place seemed to be packed when you walked in there was a big glass window with the chickens going around over wood. That is one bird I would like to try to do myself . Any help would be great . ya think this is to muck to try for my first smoke.

Welcome, smokincowboy, Yardbirds are pretty easy to start on! Are you going to do beercan chicken in your smoker or are you gonna do them on a rotisserie on your grill! Whatever ya do…brine em overnight! Check our forums for tons of recipes and rubs and marinades, youâ€[emoji]8482[/emoji]ll do fine!
icon_biggrin.gif

Most here would recommend a butt for a first smoke. I say if it's chicken you want to do, then do it. That was my first smoke. I love poultry. It definitely is not as forgiving as a butt. If you screw it up though, it's what? .67/lb? I wouldn't know as I haven't bought chicken in years. We raise our own.

Welcome SmokinCowboy -

You'll find tons of recipes here to brine and smoke poultry. I'm guessing that smoking is new to you. What kind of smoker or grill are you using?

If you do a rotisserie what I would do is brine the bird, then brush on butter, and sprinkle some Lawry's repeat every 20 minutes or so let that go for 2-3 hours, next pop open a beer sit back and enjoy

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky