Chicken Quarters and Meatloaf

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

mrsb

Smoking Fanatic
Original poster
Mar 13, 2007
Parkville,MO
Picked up some chicken quarters on sale specifically to smoke after seeing the quarters posted by les3176 last week.  Mostly followed his brine recipe (there was one item I didn't have and I didn't measure exact) but it sounded good and his looked great.  I didn't do a jerk ru as he did just my big ron's rub.  Thought I should throw something else in while I was at it thus the meatloaf

Here they are brining.  Total brine time was aout 15 hours)

d26358dc_Photo0089.jpg

Here they are after rinsed and rons rub applied

2c8705a7_Photo0090.jpg

These ones I just put some pepper pizazz on. Doing these in the oven later too with long grain wild rice

f4f3a283_Photo0091.jpg

The meatloaf.  Pretty basic recipe. Nothing special but will make a quick meal later in the week

23762b04_Photo0092.jpg

Also threw on some abts for myself (no one else in the house will eat them).  Just cream cheese, shredded cheese and some chorizo then topped with bacon.  Will try to get a pic of those when done.

Smoking around 250 with hickory.

Wow, Everything turned out great.  The real reason I did some of those chicken quarters in the oven was that one family member has a REAL problem with pink chicken even though I have explained to that family member how things work with smoking, but I digress.  So its a good thing I had made the meatloaf too because I had not thought of the oven baked chicken still having pink due to the Tenderquick in the brine.  Oh well, their loss!!!!!

Abts as promised.  Yea, just for me!!!

bda5e33e_Photo0093.jpg

Meatloaf out of the smoker, right about 2 1/2 hours.  Had only sprayed once with apple juice.  Its a lil guy at only 1 1/2 lbs meat

b3f16977_Photo0094.jpg

Chicken out of the smoker.  About 3 hours

a6ecad68_Photo0097.jpg

Meatloaf sliced for that one particular family member

a3e7d933_Photo0099.jpg

Dinner plated

00ac2703_Photo0098.jpg

And the oven baked chicken

389f2ec6_Photo0100.jpg

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky