Chicken Madness!

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

hickorybutt

Smoking Fanatic
Original poster
Jan 4, 2014
Cincinnati, OH
Chicken wings for the Mrs. and I tonight, and whole chickens to pull and freeze for later meals.

Wings were rolled in black pepper, salt, paprika, and a little onion and garlic powder.
Whole chickens were brined in salt water with brown sugar, onion and garlic powder.

Currently smoking around 240-250 degrees.

Last edited:
Brined them for 7 hours... Didn't start them till 6:45 this evening. Got a late start, but they are cruising right along.

Thanks guys!

I am not the bragging type, but I really hit the bullseye with this cook... My 'que has been getting to new levels lately with more practice and learning on my recently new pit.

This cook was done at around 250 degrees with red oak and cherry - those have been my go-to woods lately since it is what I mainly have.

BBQ wings were unreal. Smoked for 1.5 hours, then rolled in mustard BBQ sauce (Carolina sauce) and put back in the smoker for 15 minutes.

The whole chickens continued to cook while we ate dinner. I cooked them till the breast meat was 165 degrees and they came out unbelievable. Perfectly crisped skin and juice pouring out of the body cavity. All the meat was pulled to be frozen for meals the next couple of weeks.

Thanks for lookin'!

James

Hey hb, nothin wrong with being proud man !! When ya hit a smoke, ya should be proud ! Looks real good !! Thumbs Up

Nice job man 
thumb1.gif
  Those wings sure look good 
drool.gif
  & that chicken is gonna taste great once you thaw it back out 
smile.gif

Oooooo........ smoked chicken enchiladas ! Inspiration! Thank you!
So many combinations with pulled smoked chicken...

Enchiladas, tacos, burritos, BBQ pizza, sandwiches, on a salad, adding to other dishes like mac 'n cheese....  I may not have any chicken left by the end of the week.

Yes, and don't forget tamales also! But I love green chicken enchiladas ............... Its something I keep putting at the top of the list and then forgetting! I just can't imagine how outstanding smoked green chicken enchiladas would be!  I might just blow up from the goodness!

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky