Chicken is sticky sauce

Discussion in 'Poultry' started by rather be in the keys, Nov 5, 2007.

1. I found some pomegranates in the store, always wanted to try them, so I bought some, then came home and looked for things to do with them. Found a recipe that was fabulous.

Take chicken wings and cook them any way you want. I baked them at 400 for about 50 minutes.

Take about 1 TBS of veggie oil heat it up in a non-stick pan. Shake some cayanne pepper and mix up the oil. You can chop up jalapenos and garlic in the oil as well.

1 cup pomegranate juice
    1 cup cranberry juice
    1/3 cup sugar
    2 tablespoons cider vinegar
    Salt

Throw all into a non-stick pan and heat. Stir until sugar dissolves, bring to boil. Boil until reduced to 1/2 - 2/3 cup: about 15 minutes.

Drain and discard fat from chicken wings. Dump the wings into the pan with the sauce, turning the wings until all are coated.

I got them done, brought them down to watch the Pats / Colts game, and before I could get my camera to take a picture, they were GONE.

2. deejaydebi

deejaydebi Smoking Guru

Sounds almost chinese. Thanks for the recipe!

3. homebrew & bbq

homebrew & bbq Smoking Fanatic

Sounds good and your timing is great. My wife just came home with some pomegranates because we have never tried them before, so now we have a recipe to work with. Thanks!

4. geek with fire

geek with fire Master of the Pit OTBS Member

5. keywesmoke

keywesmoke Smoking Fanatic OTBS Member

I know that dude! Glad you're here.

-Jeff Spicoli, Fast Times