Chicken hamburger burgers !

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

got14u

Master of the Pit
Original poster
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Oct 12, 2008
WYOMING
Well this morning I decided to take some chicken breast and grind them up. Spice it up and make into burgers for me and the ol' lady. We have been trying to eat better for the past 2 weeks or so. So here it goes first 4 or 5 chicken breast through the grinder and then a pinch of chile powder, chipotle powder, garlics powder, cummin, white pepper, black pepper, and then a dab of evoo. Then mixed all together and through in a egg and 2 pieces of bread. Here are the pics everything came out great I didn't get a pic of the nopales we also grilled up but boy it was nice having them again...thanks for lookin
just out of the fridge from their 2 hour set-up time

coming along nicely

ready to go and go they did

I had never had a chicken burger...I will be having them again if they taste like these did....I haqve been trying to pull the trigger on some mango chicken sausage but just seem to run out of time...

You should pull that trigger more often. Those do look great.
PDT_Armataz_01_34.gif

I'm with laurel here with the right spices I can see that burger in front of me. Now you made them look good and that corn is killer on the grill.

Thanks everyone..I can't wait till next time, I'll probably try throwing in some mango's or pineapples or something. Also a habanero or 2

If you want to try some awesome chicken burgers, check out the links to this recipe. I've made it a few times and it is great. There are a couple of things I should note though. First, the best ones I've have made were made with preground chicken that I found at the store. The ground turkey ones didn't have enough fat (nor did they sit long enough in the fridge the only time we made them) and tended to fall apart. Also, the preground chicken at the store that we use includes the skin and fat in the grinding process, so I don't think its a great deal healthier than ground beef. We also did them in a cast iron skillet. Other than that, they were the best chicken burgers I've ever had. The first links the recipe, the second is the video. Don't mind Guy's hair in the video, he really can cook...

http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/c...ipe/index.html

http://www.foodnetwork.com/videos/ch...ers/20699.html

That looks great, yardbird is great on the grill. I would love to have seen the Nopales on the grill. I use to pick them and Tunas every year back home in So.Cal. They grew everywhere and nobody knew you could eat them.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky