Chicken Corn Soup/Chowder

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

BGKYSmoker

Nepas OTBS #242
Original poster
Staff member
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Group Lead
Dec 25, 2010
Rineyville, KY
When my wife transferred back to PA she took me to this place to eat, They had the best chicken corn soup. I asked if they had the recipe and the waitress handed me a card. That was 30 years ago. The restaurant is long gone now but i have an antique recipe card.

20221021_081156.jpg

I'm making today and going to add my extra item.

HB egg. Only adding 3 chopped.

Using my egg steamer.
Got it when in FL, Now they have double decker ones for more eggs.
20221021_083449.jpg

Comes with 2 trays and a water measure cup with a poker on the bottom, you need to poke the large end of egg so you dont have an eggsplosion ....HA
20221021_090839.jpg

20221021_091828.jpg

BBL when i make it.

Looks and sounds awesome. Karen just bought the double decker steamer a couple weeks ago she likes it. Looking forward to the rest of the soup post she likes soup I'm more of a meat and taters person

Sounds really good Rick!
It is definitely getting into soup season for sure.
Corn chowder or just creamed corn is big at our house!
Al

Great timing with what looks like a great recipe. Since the temp has been, and will be for the foreseeable future, below freezing every morning, I was seriously thinking about making some good soup yesterday. Looking forward to your post.
Gary

Big Chowder fan here also. Waiting in the wings.

Chris

Looks good, thanks for the recipe. The cooler weather has me planning to make some chicken noodle soup. After seeing this, may have to make a slight detour...:emoji_wink:

Looks real good

Point for sure
Chris

I made a batch of this chowder on Friday. Since there's only the 2 of us, I cut the recipe in half, but still used 1 pound of skinless, boneless chicken breasts--no vegins here and I wanted it nice and meaty.
I also reduced the broth to concentrate the flavors, and make a really thick chowder you could almost eat with a fork--just left enough broth for dipping.
It was delicious!!
The half recipe, along with some thick cut home made bread, fed Miss Linda and me for 2 suppers. As it turned out, my old hound Roxy absolutely loved it too, so on day 2 she got the leftovers mixed into her food--didn't need to wash that bowl!!
The only change to the recipe I'll make next time is to skip the dough balls--didn't much care for them.
Thanks for posting this recipe.
Gary

I made a batch of this chowder on Friday. Since there's only the 2 of us, I cut the recipe in half, but still used 1 pound of skinless, boneless chicken breasts--no vegins here and I wanted it nice and meaty.
I also reduced the broth to concentrate the flavors, and make a really thick chowder you could almost eat with a fork--just left enough broth for dipping.
It was delicious!!
The half recipe, along with some thick cut home made bread, fed Miss Linda and me for 2 suppers. As it turned out, my old hound Roxy absolutely loved it too, so on day 2 she got the leftovers mixed into her food--didn't need to wash that bowl!!
The only change to the recipe I'll make next time is to skip the dough balls--didn't much care for them.
Thanks for posting this recipe.
Gary
That's why I use biscuits from the can, better

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky