CHICKEN BREASTS SMOKED

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

larry maddock

Master of the Pit
Original poster
OTBS Member
Sep 27, 2005
BOURBON,MISSOURI
YO Y'ALL
THIS IS SO EASY.
THIS IS SO GOOD.

I USUALLY GET BONE IN CHICKEN BREASTS FOR 99 CENTS A LB.
i rub them with Mortons Tender Quik.
this is a table spoon a lb.
then in fridge for 2 hrs.

you then rinse off the excess T.Q.
i then pat dry with paper towels.

i always preheat my water smoker.
1/2 hr or so before putting in smoker
maybe only 20 min.
i soak mesquite chips.

then put all in smoker.

after a hour or so i replace chip pan with another.

i check with digital thermometer
and take off when it gets to 168 degrees.

its so easy-
its so good.

this is how i make my
SOON TO BE FAMOUS SMOKED CHICKEN BREASTS

Larry that almost sounds too easy. Experience has told me that the easier the recipe that better the taste.

I would be interested in trying this is some Lawry's or lemon pepper sprinkled on it too

I'm doing bone in boobs and a Sage fatty in the kettle offset tonight.

Gonna roll the fatty, and the chicken, in a mixture of paprika, chili powder, and crushed Hot and Spicy Cheezits.

You heard me right. We've been experimenting with rolling fatties in different coverings. Crushed garlic ranch Cheezits were a big hit with friends (not me though).

So I'll expand to add the chicken to the "rub"

Sure sounds like you are on to something there, Bill! Got me to thinking about a few experiments myself! Keep us posted and when I get my new toy into operation I will be sure to post results as well!
Cheers!
Monty

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky