cherry cayenne snacksticks

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SUPPORT THE FORUM-- Go Ad-FREE!

rippper

Meat Mopper
Original poster
Jan 1, 2012
merto detroit, michigan
went to get a deer processed at a local butcher and he had some sample snack sticks pieces. The best one was a cherry/cayenne. sweet with just a little bite. He was not willing to give up his recipe. Any body got one? thx in advance.

chopsaw

Epic Pitmaster
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Dec 14, 2013
OFallon Mo.
Dried cherries and some red pepper added to what ever basic mix or recipe you use ?
Guy out here makes a honey pecan brat , so maybe the sweetness could come from honey . Mikes hot honey would give you some heat and sweet .

Reactions: rippper

chopsaw

Epic Pitmaster
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Dec 14, 2013
OFallon Mo.
do ya think that using cherry juice instead of water would and enough "sweetness"?
Depends . You thinking the juice from jarred cherries ? Might be an idea .
Cherry juice that I drink is tart .
I would probably try dextrose or turbinado sugar with some cherry flavor .
Candied cherries might work .

Reactions: rippper

indaswamp

Epic Pitmaster
Staff member
OTBS Member
Apr 27, 2017
South Louisiana-Yes, it is HOT
Interesting combo.
FYI, on the sweetness chart, dextrose is 70% as sweet as sucrose, and fructose is 130% as sweet as sugar. Since you are using cherry, which is a fruit, might wanna use some high fructose corn syrup.....

Tinner340

Smoke Blower
Nov 18, 2022
Montana
I bet that’s it. Just order some. I don’t know how I missed that, been searching all the company’s that do pre-mix seasoning. I don’t see any reason it would not make a good snack stick.
Late to the game but just wondering if the seasoning you ordered worked, and how it tasted?
Thanks,

BGKYSmoker

Epic Pitmaster
Staff member
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Group Lead
Dec 25, 2010
Flaherty, KY
When we lived in Savannah I used to go to this store for items.

meat magician

Smoke Blower
Sep 9, 2007
Omaha Ne.
PS Seasonings has a Cherry Cayenne sausage premix. Maybe that’s what they use.
I made a 25 batch of fresh cherry cayenne venison/pork sausage this year. Turned out fabulous. Took a bunch to a friend’s cabin for a goose hunting weekend and smoked with mesquite (all they had) on their Treager, everyone was impressed and surprised by how good they were.

Latest posts

Hot Threads