Chefs Choice Pro sharpener deal

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
I don't have that particular unit but I have the 320 Diamond Hone sharpener and absolutely love it. Looks very similar to the one in the link you posted but mine only has 2 sets of sharpening stones whereas it looks like the one in the link may have 3 sets. I got mine about a year ago and wonder how I did without it for so long. It takes a few minutes to re-cut the angle of the knife blades when you first use it but once done, it only takes a pass or two and the knife is sharp enough to shave with. Matter of fact, I like mine so much I bought my BIL one for Christmas. The Chef's Choice seems to be highly regarded and very popular. I'd say give it a shot, especially if they have a decent return policy based on your satisfaction.

Robert

Like Robert, We have the
Chef's Choice Diamond Hone # 320, and We Love it.
It does a real easy quick dress-up.
We have ours at least 5 years now, and I like it more than any of the other sharpening what-nots we've had, in the past.

Bear

I've had the 130 over twenty years and still going strong. But I paid close to $200 when I bought it. $79 is a Steal...JJ

Had mine about the same amount of time Jimmy. Issue is I'm going to have to reinvest. Finally broke down and got a complete set of Zwilling Pro knives and they are 15º edges vs 20º with 2 exceptions, the Santoku & Nakiri are both Japanese 9.5-12º.

My friends love giving me S#&T for having dull knives.

Placed the order, thanks for the heads up! Hopefully this helps.

Had mine about the same amount of time Jimmy. Issue is I'm going to have to reinvest. Finally broke down and got a complete set of Zwilling Pro knives and they are 15º edges vs 20º with 2 exceptions, the Santoku & Nakiri are both Japanese 9.5-12º.

Those knives sound great. The 130 is good but at 20° is not useful for many modern designs. Chef's Choice has a 3 stone model, can't remember the model number, that was designed for Asian Knives...JJ

Okay, I'm kinda new. I'm trying to order this and I'm logging in using my the other site offered info and it's not working. Does anyone know what I may be doing wrong. Ugh

Last edited:
Okay, I'm kinda new. I'm trying to order this and I'm logging in using my the other site offered info and it's not working. Does anyone know what I may be doing wrong. Ugh

I have an Amazon account and use that to pay for thing at Woot. I don't remember actually forming an account on Woot, but it may have been done automatically from my Amazon account.

Thanks !! Just ordered one.. :emoji_thumbsup:

Your welcome. It was my hope that someone would benefit from the deal.

So I'm having trouble deciding between this sharpener and a Work Sharp Ken Onion.
I can get the Work Sharp for 70.00 on Amazon.
Opinions please.
Thanks

I got a Ken Onion Work sharp on an Amazon daily deal, before I started reading the positive reviews for this Chefs Choice. The Chefs Choice looks like it would take less fiddling with to get good results and it definitely looks nicer sitting on a counter top, if your going to leave it out. I box up and store my work sharp between uses. Sorry that I don't have an apples to apples comparison between the two. Chef JJ's endorsement after 20 years use, speaks volumes, I think.

Thanks for that post one eyed jack one eyed jack .. I got mine yesterday..I had years worth of dull blades and was about to throw everything out and buy new ones. Spent about 30 minutes on all my knifes and now I have a plethora of VERY sharp knifes !!

Thanks for that post one eyed jack one eyed jack .. I got mine yesterday..I had years worth of dull blades and was about to throw everything out and buy new ones. Spent about 30 minutes on all my knifes and now I have a plethora of VERY sharp knifes !!

You are welcome Mike. As I mentioned earlier, my hope was that someone could benefit from the link. Sure glad it worked out for you. It's really satisfying to know that you have the power to keep your knives sharp.

Reactions: jaxgatorz
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky