Chef_boy's all purpose rub for your grub

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

chef_boy812

Smoking Fanatic
Original poster
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Jun 25, 2008
Northern Va
As promised, here is the rub. I get my spices from a Penzey's Spices. They are fresher and stronger, and you can't beat their chili selection.

enough free advertisement.

This recipe makes about 4 cups of rub mix. You may want to adjust the salt down, I like a cure like taste and texture to my bbq.

1 C. Kosher Salt (Morton's)
2 C. Dark Brown Sugar
2 T. Black Pepper (Tellicherri)
2 T. Balinese Long Pepper
2 T. New Mexico Hot Chil Powder
4 T. Hungarian half sharp paprika
3 T. onion powder
1 t. powdered lemon peel
1 T. garlic powder
1 t. rubbed sage
1 t. thyme

Mix Well and store air tight.
you can keep a piece of bread in it if it gets hard.

It is so good you don't need sauce!
smoke-on!

Okay, looks good.. But is this the real deal?? you were kinda hesident about throwing this vault kept secret out 5 post back lol.. and penzey's spice? you made them sound great. I will have to google that..never heard of them.
thanks for sharin..

I have used Penzy's Spices and cannot be happier. Generally in every order I get a sample of something. Apply on line and get a catalog. They will have new recipes in every catalog they send you. My first order with them was just under $150. could have spent more but the wife says I cannot possibly use that much. lol

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky