Chef Paula Deen Accidentally Hit By Charity Ham

Discussion in 'Messages for All Guests and Members' started by beer-b-q, Nov 24, 2009.

1. beer-b-q

beer-b-q Smoking Guru OTBS Member

Chef Paula Deen Accidentally Hit By Charity Ham

Volunteer Tossed Meat Back To Celebrity Chef

POSTED: 8:01 am CST November 24, 2009
    UPDATED: 11:56 am CST November 24, 2009

ATLANTA -- Celebrity chef Paula Deen got an unexpected serving of ham -- across her face.

The Food Network star was helping unload 25,000 pounds of donated meat for an Atlanta food bank on Monday when someone threw one of the hams like a football and accidentally smacked her.

Deen tells WGCL-TV: "I thought it busted my lip, but it didn't."

Though smiles and laughter, Deen added: "I'm OK. It just knocked me for a little bit."

She says she was unloading hams when she tossed one to a man, who then said "Back at 'ya." Thinking he meant it only as a sentiment, she turned around to get another ham when the errant swine came at her.

"He really meant, 'Back at 'ya.'"

Later, she tweeted: "I haven't met the ham that could stop me yet!"

THIS IS A BREAKING NEWS UPDATE. Check back soon for further information. AP's earlier story is below.

ATLANTA (AP) -- Celebrity chef Paula Deen got an unexpected serving of ham -- across her face.

The Food Network star was helping unload 25,000 pounds of donated meat for an Atlanta food bank on Monday when someone threw one of the hams like a football and accidentally smacked her.

Deen tells WGCL-TV: "I thought it busted my lip, but it didn't."

Though smiles and laughter, Deen added: "I'm OK. It just knocked me for a little bit."

She says she was unloading hams when she tossed one to a man, who then said "Back at 'ya." Thinking he meant it only as a sentiment, she turned around to get another ham when the errant swine came at her.

"He really meant, 'Back at 'ya.'"

Later, she tweeted: "I haven't met the ham that could stop me yet!" ___

http://www.kctv5.com/entertainment/2...111242009&ts=H

2. the dude abides

the dude abides Master of the Pit OTBS Member

Oops sorry. I just posted this too. Ha!. I'll go try and delete mine.

3. beer-b-q

Looks like I beat you by seconds...LOL Guess we read the same things...

4. scarbelly

scarbelly Smoking Guru OTBS Member

Funny that one ham would get hit by another- LOL

5. richoso1

richoso1 Smoking Guru OTBS Member SMF Premier Member

I only meant to pump that throw, but it slipped out of my hands. BTW, for the books, Paula is is a fine cook, but not recognized as a chef in the professioonal world.

6. bbq engineer

bbq engineer Master of the Pit OTBS Member SMF Premier Member

It's all fun and games until somebody gets hit in the face with a ham....

7. raceyb

raceyb Smoking Fanatic

Roger that, she can cook, but I wouldn't chef her.

I'm glad to see that she spends time on charity too. I was sorry to see she got hit by the ham, cause I really dig her personality and southern charm.

8. chisoxjim

chisoxjim Master of the Pit OTBS Member

anyone who cooks with as much butter as she does is ok in my world.

9. beer-b-q

The difference between a chef and a cook.

A Chef Gives You A Tiny Plate And A Big Bill.

A Good Cook Makes Sure You Don't Leave Hungry.

10. the dude abides

the dude abides Master of the Pit OTBS Member

Her sons had a great show on Food Network. I can't remember what it was called, but they'd travel around to places that specialized in products that were shipped. My wife and I used to watch it and write down the info in case we ever got the urge to order some of that stuff. It was a cool show. Better than a lot of the stuff they run now. Does anybody remember that show or what it was called?

11. meatball

meatball Smoking Fanatic OTBS Member

I believe it was called "Road Tasted". I also remember watching a few times and liking it. I always thought both she and her sons were good TV personalities.

12. Now that's Funny!!![​IMG]

13. miamirick

miamirick Master of the Pit OTBS Member SMF Premier Member

i'd love to say something humorous about not the first time getting hit in the face with some meat, but i think paula is fun to watch so i won't

14. miamirick

miamirick Master of the Pit OTBS Member SMF Premier Member

was it a whole ham or just a slice

15. zapper

zapper Smoking Fanatic OTBS Member

Nice lady, not as funny as she thinks she is, but still a nice lady. Sorry that she got beaned and not wishing her any ill-will but I have seen her horse around before and worried that she could get hurt or hurt someone else. She took it on the chin, so to speak and got right back into the game. Just another working schmuck trying to make a buck.

Now the wife and I both want to know how she gets her teeth as white as she does for all of her magazine and bookcovers?

16. meateater

meateater Smoking Guru SMF Premier Member

Now the wife and I both want to know how she gets her teeth as white as she does for all of her magazine and bookcovers?[/quote] She lets the hubby do all the smoking!! [​IMG]

17. scpatterson

scpatterson Smoking Fanatic OTBS Member SMF Premier Member

I gotta admit I had been stalking her for some time now for her cooking but then I saw some of COWGIRL's post so Im no longerstalking the butter lady.............................................. ........................................Ham!!!

18. alx

alx Master of the Pit OTBS Member

If it shut her yap for little bit.....Paula-....not cowgirl....

19. waysideranch

waysideranch Master of the Pit OTBS Member SMF Premier Member

Where 's Oprah "the cow" when u need her!! She needs a ham across the face.

20. alx

alx Master of the Pit OTBS Member

AMEN brother!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!