Cheesy shredded beef hash

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Brokenhandle

Epic Pitmaster
Original poster
Staff member
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Nov 9, 2019
Nw Iowa
We had some shredded beef in the fridge my mil had given us, it was really salty. We were gonna use it in enchiladas but ended up with all ground beef in them...forgot to switch mixture 1/2 way through, ooopppss. So with all the excellent breakfast posts we decided to repurpose it and came up with this.

Sauteed onions in a little olive oil, added hash browns, a little butter and browned them a bit.

20200126_130813.jpg

Added shredded beef and a little more butter

20200126_130944.jpg

Mixed up 6 eggs and poured in pan

20200126_131116.jpg

Topped with shredded Colby Jack cheese, then into 350 degree oven for about 30 minutes. Here it is fresh from the oven...might be a little hot yet!

20200126_133427.jpg

My wife's plate

20200126_134218.jpg

Decided mine needed a tortilla with sour cream ,salsa and sriracha. I even managed to get it wrapped up...I seem to have an over stuffing issue.

20200126_134612.jpg

It turned out delicious. Ended up being a good way to repurpose the overly salty meat. Thus why we didn't season it with anything else.

Thanks for looking
Ryan

That looks delicious Ryan! Great way to use up leftovers and my kind of breakfast.

Like!

That looks delicious Ryan! Great way to use up leftovers and my kind of breakfast.

Like!
Thanks xray! Don't usually make hash cuz my wife never really cared for it. But she had two pieces of this, we both liked how it turned out. And thanks for the like

Ryan

Great looking stuff Ryan!! Points for sure. I did something similar not too long ago but with a bit of a Mexican twist. Not trying to derail or steal your thread, just adding to the ideas.

010.jpg

011.jpg

This was done with leftover brisket. Oh...I made your bacon, potato, and leek soup yesterday. It was incredible!! Thank you for sharing that one as well as this one. You're on a roll sir!!

Robert

Thank you for the likes fivetricks, smokinvolfan, and Kruizer I appreciate it!

Ryan

Thank you Robert I appreciate it! Always open for new ideas, the to do list keeps getting longer! Glad you liked the soup we really enjoy it. We don't make alot of Mexican food at home, we have a really good restaurant near us that we really like. Good prices and huge servings, have never been disappointed yet. Their refried beans are to die for , wife never used to like them now I'm not allowed to touch hers.

Thanks again
Ryan

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky