Cheesy Goodness ABT's

Discussion in 'ABT's' started by ak1, Jun 14, 2010.

1. ak1

ak1 Master of the Pit OTBS Member

I decided I needed a snack while preparing dinner, so I thought why not some ABT's. I had some jalapeno's at home.

This was my first time doing 'em boat style. Basically just filled with cream cheese and shredded cheddar with bacon lovingly laid on top like a blanket to keep 'em nice and cozy.[​IMG]

First pic is when they were put on the drum, second is when they were done 2 hrs later.[​IMG][​IMG]

2. jaxgatorz

jaxgatorz Smoking Fanatic OTBS Member SMF Premier Member

I will take a couple !!!  Good looking abt's ![​IMG]

3. meateater

meateater Smoking Guru SMF Premier Member

I spent all that money on a ABT rack and just jones at all the boat style ABT's on here. I must configure a new purpose for that rack now! [​IMG]

Last edited: Jun 14, 2010
  4. pineywoods

pineywoods Smoking Guru Staff Member Administrator Group Lead SMF Premier Member

Oh my that looks tasty [​IMG]

5. 5lakes

5lakes Meat Mopper SMF Premier Member

Now I'm hungry. I have a family get together this weekend, I think I found my "dish to pass"!  Thanx!

6. rdknb

rdknb Master of the Pit OTBS Member SMF Premier Member

I just love ABT's and yours look great

7. ak1

Thanks everyone. At first I thought I might have problems because I didn't wrap the bacon, but it stuck pretty well.

@meateater. Don't feel bad. I made myself a rack as well, but after trying these boat style, I prefer 'em this way. You get twice as many for the same amount of peppers[​IMG]

8. new2que

new2que Meat Mopper

So you'd recommend em that way?  We do them boat style but I was thinking they may be better whole... hmm, the inner-conflict!  [​IMG]

Thanks for posting!

9. ak1

I've done them both ways. After doing them boat style, I think I prefer them that way, just because you get twice as many[​IMG], and it's slightly easier to prep them.

Neither way is wrong. I think I'd decide boat or stuffed depending on the fillings I was using, or why I was making them.

If I had a dozen jap's on hand and I was just going to make a snack for myself, I'd probably stuff. But let's say I had some visitors, then I'd probably do boat style just so I'd have 24 snacks instead of 12.