Cheesesteak Hot Pockets (Step by Step)

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Bearcarver

Gone but not forgotten RIP
Original poster
OTBS Member
Group Lead
Sep 12, 2009
Macungie, PA
Cheesesteak Hot Pockets (Step by Step)

I saw this method used to make Cheeseburger Hot Pockets, So I decided to use the same method, but make some into Cheesesteak Hot Pockets.
It’s only Me & Mrs Bear here, so we only needed 2 packages of Crescent Rolls to make these.
Everything is explained in the captions that go with the Pictures (Below), but you can add other things too, like Mushrooms, Hot Peppers, Sweet Peppers, Fried Onions, any other kind of cheese, and anything else that floats your boat !!!

BTW: We had one left, which I ate the next evening, and I have to tell you these are definitely one of the things that are even better reheated the next day!!! Nuked it up & MMMMmmmmm…………

Hope You Like This!!

Bear

Main Ingredients ready to go:
IMG_0074.jpg

Close-up so you can see a package of our favorite Cheesesteak Meat:
IMG_0075.jpg

Mrs Bear tearing the Meat apart as she puts it in the pan.
Then she continues to pull it apart with two big non-metal spoons, and flipping it over & over to get it all done evenly.
We like to move it from the pan to the Sammies right after the Red is gone, so it’s nice & Tender & not dried out:
IMG_0076.jpg

Meanwhile we open up a package of Crescent Rolls, and stretch out the rectangles on a Buttered Cookie Pan:
IMG_0077.jpg

Then we put a coating of our favorite Steak Sauce on the Crescent Roll Rectangles:
IMG_0078.jpg

Next we evenly divide the Shaved Steak Meat on each of the 4 sections.
Now here is where I would have liked to add some Fried Onions, but we didn’t have any. (Next Time)
IMG_0079.jpg

Then Some Cheese on top of the Meat. I used American this time, but we Prefer Provolone:
IMG_0081.jpg

Open the second Package of Crescent Rolls, and stretch the rectangles over each section, and press down the edges:
IMG_0082.jpg

After 10 to 12 minutes in the Oven @ 375°, once nicely browned, we can remove them:
IMG_0083.jpg

Plate them & throw a couple Pickle Slices on, if you like, and it’s time to eat:
IMG_0084.jpg

I opened this one up so you can get a closer look of the bubbly stuff inside:
IMG_0085.jpg

Last edited:
Nice Job Bear, I really like them  have to give that a try  
drool.gif

points1.png

Gary

Cool idea Bear

Gonna have to give it a try

I'm imagining all kinds of stuff I could put in there

Al

Al I can only think of one thing to put in there My Teeth 

Bear that is an awesome idea,I need to move out to the country never seen that meat here.Points brother they make my mouth water Thanks for sharing

Richie

Man they look great. Be easy for kids to make and I bet they would love this

Nice Job Bear, I really like them  have to give that a try  
drool.gif

points1.png

Gary
Thank You Gary!!

And Thanks for the Points!!

Bear

Cool idea Bear

Gonna have to give it a try

I'm imagining all kinds of stuff I could put in there

Al
Thanks Al.

Yup--The Possibilities are endless.

Bear

Bear that is an awesome idea,I need to move out to the country never seen that meat here.Points brother they make my mouth water Thanks for sharing

Richie
Thanks Richie!!

Bear

I wouldn't call them hot pockets,it lessens them, how about Bear pockets! They look great!

Wow Bear! That is right up my alley. We do something similar with pizza dough and leftover prime rib. Cheese steak Stromboli! With all you're beef cooks, you're freezer must look just like mine! Points!!!

Richie
You've never seen chip steak really???

Warren

points.gif
What a great idea Bear!  I will definitely have to add this to the list of things to make....in fact I cooked 3 large steaks sous vide tonight and we have quite a bit of leftovers...hmmm

Looks good and a great quick meal. I showed Bev how good these looked. She replied, " Oh yeah, my Mom made them.." 
icon_eek.gif
 Wish she would had said something sooner, I would have liked to try thim by now...JJ

Wow Bear! That is right up my alley. We do something similar with pizza dough and leftover prime rib. Cheese steak Stromboli! With all you're beef cooks, you're freezer must look just like mine! Points!!!
Thank You!!

Hmmmm----Cheesesteak Stromboli would be Great !!

And Thanks for the Points!

Bear

Nice inside job while all the rain Hmmmm Bear pockets
yeahthat.gif
Nice idea John. 
points1.png

Warren
Thank You Warren!!

It's raining here all the time, TG it usually Light rain!!

Bear

Points! Looks great Bear! These will hit the spot with all the lousy PA weather we're having.

If you get a chance, I make something similar. I use chopped up pastrami, shredded Swiss cheese and sauerkraut. Mix it all up in a bowl and mix in a few tablespoons of thousand island dressing...and you have yourself a nice Reuben pocket.

points.gif
What a great idea Bear!  I will definitely have to add this to the list of things to make....in fact I cooked 3 large steaks sous vide tonight and we have quite a bit of leftovers...hmmm
Thank You!!

That's Great.

And Thanks For The Points!!

Bear

Delicious. Point! b
Thank You Brian!!

Bear

Last edited:
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky